Anne Cochran

Anne Cochran

Saturday, July 3, 2010

New Facebook Page launched for "Siren Song!"

Hi Everyone,

I'm very happy to announce that I've just launched "Siren Song," my new Facebook page that is primarily targeted at providing college-related information to CHAMPS seniors, but is also open to CHAMPS freshmen, sophomores and juniors...as well as to anyone else out in the world who is interested.  So please, please do know that you're enthusiastically invited to friend "Siren Song" on Facebook. 

Siren Song's main intention is to be a place where students can find nearly every bit of major and not-so-major information that can help them navigate through the college selection and choice processes.  Students, I realize you don't particularly enjoy reading lots of emails, so I'm trying to find a more acceptable and attractive way to communicate with you.  Know that I will always send super important information to you through emails.  But I'm thinking the Siren Song Facebook page is a great place to also store that information under the "Notes" heading, so there's a readily available source for pulling up past and present handouts and such.  Also, it's a good place to store college campus photos that all of us take, pictures of CHAMPS college-related events, questions and answers (like our own little "College Confidential" site), check ins from CHAMPS grads...you know, all of those sorts of things. 

Some of you might possibly feel funny about friending Siren Song, knowing that I'm administrating it (and I'm your college counselor at school, thus how weird is that?...etc.).  Please know that it isn't my interest or intention to use Siren Song as some sort of "Big Brother" spying device.  But if you're at all worried about it, I know that there's some sort of way to block Siren Song from seeing some of your information.  Since I'm not a Facebook expert and you probably are, I'm sure you know what to do.  So know that I invite you to make public as much or as little as you want.  I just care about Siren Song becoming very useful to you, and absolutely nothing else.

Where did Siren Song get her name?  Well, it all started with my husband Chuck, whose music publishing company is called Sirensong, Inc."  I decided that I wanted to give my Facebook page a name that isn't something as pedestrian as "CHAMPS College Corner," "Anne's College Counseling Page," etc.  After all, who'd want to read it if it's presented in that way?  So I stole Siren Song from Chuck's "Sirensong, Inc.," because not only do I like it, but I think a whole lot of the college choice, application and selection process has a great deal in common with the Greeks' Sirens, if you stop and think about it....so there you have it.

I hope you'll friend me on Facebook today!

Thanks,
Siren Song (aka Anne Cochran)

No comments:

Post a Comment